Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Step Back And Take A Look

I'm still new to this thing called politics, so its understandable that when I was first introduced to the world of "filibusters" I thought my chain was being pulled. "there is no way that this is an actual factual item in politics"? "does everyone have this joke pulled on them"? the questions continued. With a little research the answer was clear... no this is not a joke... my chain was not being pulled... and yes our current policies allow a grown man or woman, stand up in front of congress and the rest of the nation and talk for as long as they wish, not just a minute or two extra... but for AS LONG AS THEY WISH. For what purpose would we allow this to happen? Don't get me wrong, I understand the ultimate reason behind a Filibuster but what this really feels like, is grown men and women who are so caught up in wanting to get "their way" that they have become so desperate and resort to childish antics and foolish games. They may not stomp there feet, but they will whine and cry and bitch and moan as much as they have too just to get their way. The whole purpose of a filibuster is to "delay" or completely "stop" a vote by Congress and or any other decision making body. My rant on a filibuster in not only to point out how silly our congress act at times but to point out a need for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment