As one of the middle class I can tell you that I as well as the bulk of the population took Obama's promise to reform health care that he was going to make a national health care similar to Canada or Great Britain's health care. We were wrong. But is this a bad thing. When we look back on American history and how this country was formed we see that hard work was the key. Now, no matter which way we look, every one and their dog is wanting things for free. "health care, auto insurance, food, rent, etc." This nation has become... "lazy"... "ungrateful" and "hypocritical". I think the reason everyone thought that his use of the word "reform" meant that we wouldn't have to pay. Its sad that almost the entire nation wants everything for themselves so bad that they thought this. The truth is, that without hard work this nation would fall apart and be as bad off as the rest of the third world. We in the USA have a good thing going, if we keep this up, our being the superpower of the world will be a thing of the past. A memory. And all the historians of the day will have their hands full with all the "I told you so's" they will have to dish out. President Obama is doing nothing to change our present course. If we do not change our way of thinking about this nation we will find ourselves in a world of hurt. While the system we have in this country may not be perfect, its a pretty darn good one. I have many friends from both England and Canada and none of them have ever told me that their health care system is better than ours. In fact, everyone I know that is from Canada has told me of a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment